Hi, everyone! Hope all your weeks are goin’ good so far. I know it’s probably just a four day week for many of you, it is for me too! I’ve got some fun plans for Friday on the 4th of July and I can’t wait! I also can’t wait to read posts from all you guys to see what ya’ll are gonna be up to on Friday! I’ve got two pieces of exciting news to share with ya’ll today, so let’s get to it!
My first exciting news is that I’m no longer a blonde anymore! I briefly talked about that in my last Outfit of the Day post (check it out here: https://psmeganelizabeth.wordpress.com/2014/06/26/outfit-of-the-day-new-maxi-skirt-turned-work-appropriate/ ), but those pictures were kinda far away and hard to tell, so I took another one for ya! Those of you who are friends with me on Facebook have seen it before, but I decided to upload it here today!
I’m not much for taking selfies, but I just had to show my new hair off because I actually really love it! I’m pretty chill when it comes to coloring my hair, I don’t really care how it turns out haha So Cody and I just bought one of those boxed colors from Walmart for, like, $2.97 and it turned out awesome! It’s not as dark as I’d like it to be though, so I’ll have to get a darker one next time. Since my hair was bleach blonde before, I think this brunette color really gives that healthy and shiny look back to it. I’m also wearing a new lip color! It’s a Nyx Butter Lipstick and it’s this gorgeous raspberry color. Love! What do ya’ll think of my hair and this lip color?? Let me know! (:
My other exciting news is that I was nominated for my 5th or 6th award last night! Ahhhh! So insane. I was nominated by the absolutely gorgeous Maddy over at Media Junkie Jungle. This Liebster Award was her very first award (it was my first one too!), so defiantly stop by her page and give her some love! You can find her here: http://mediajunkiejungle.com/2014/07/01/my-very-first-liebster-award/ I’ll link my other award nominees and questions down below, but for now I’m just gonna answer the fun questions Maddy gave her nominees!
1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be? Definitely, hands down, without a doubt in a city somewhere! I grew up in Dallas, Texas and miss it horribly. I probably miss it worse now that I in Illinois where there’s corn fields for miles. haha I would also love to live in L.A or New York City. Anywhere with hustle and bustle! Love that.
2. Pick a store where you would shop if you had no spending limit? Man, I’m not sure if I could narrow it down! Without a spending limit, I’d probably hit up Charlotte Russe, Forever 21, American Eagle, Hollister, H&M, Victoria’s Secret/Pink, PacSun, or Sephora! When I become a famous actor/dancer/singer/dolphin trainer (because, really, who doesn’t wanna be a dolphin trainer? come on), I’m taking you all with me! haha
3. Would you rather drink your least your favorite drink or eat your least favorite food for the rest of your life? Defiantly drink my least favorite drink! I could NOT give up pizza. Pizza is my drug. It’s pathetic.
4. Favorite Genre of Music? I was born in the 90s, so of course 90s music was my first love! Backstreet Boys and Nsync anyone? I also really like pop music, alternative, country, hip hop… pretty much anything except classical and we’re good!
5. Fame or Fortune? I’d probably pick fortune.
6. What do you think makes a blog great? Someone who is easy to relate to and funny! No one wants to read a blog written by someone boring and monotone. You’ve gotta make it interesting! I think it’s important to blog about something you’re passionate about, as well. I follow some blog on here that I’m not necessarily into their topics, but they blog about it with so much love that I can’t help but reading! I’m also a visual person, so I love looking at pictures!
7. What is your biggest goal right now? With my current work contract coming to an end in the middle of this month, I’ve been job hunting like crazy, so it’s really important to me right now that I’m able to find another job pretty quickly! Beyond that, it’s my goal to start my cosmetology school classes, finish with great grades and experience, pass my state boards, and then score a job that I’m absolutely in love with.
8. If you could go to any time period which would it be and why? I’d love to go back and visit the dinosaurs! haha A little dangerous? Maybe. But, seriously, who wouldn’t love to pet a T-Rex?
9. How would you explain your blog in 10 words or less? I hope that people find my blog to be fun and interesting! I also try to make it informative, but mostly, I just want ya’ll to have fun with me! I want to build a relationship with people and I feel like I’ve done that here! (That, 100% was NOT less than 10 words. My bad. haha)
10. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas! I’m sucha freak about Christmas! I pretty much wait all year for the month of December to roll around. If people wouldn’t kill me, I’d have Christmas decorations up all year around. haha
11. What is your favorite thing to write about? Anything beauty related! I also love giving you guys Life Updates to share with ya’ll a little bit about what’s goin’ on with me because I really want you to know the real me. I also love the outpouring of support that you can receive from your followers on here. I love ya’ll (:
Those were fun questions, Maddy! Thank you! Now that they’ve all been answered, I’ll link the URLs below in case any of ya’ll wanna go back and check out other questions or see my other nominees (:
There’s a few other ones that I didn’t link above, but if you’re interested, just hop on over to my page and type in “award” in the search bar and they’ll all pop up!
A biiiiiig shout out again to the wonderful Miss Maddy for thinking of me! And a huge congratulations to her for being nominated for her first award! That’s so exciting and I’m so happy for you. And thanks to ya’ll for reading this! If I don’t get a chance to talk to any of ya before Friday, enjoy your 4th of July and have awesome weekends!
XOXO, Megan ❤