Hey, everyone! I hope ya’ll had a great long weekend and a fantastic Memorial Day. Of course we all spend that day grilling out, swimming, and hanging out with family and friends, but I hope none of you forgot the real reason for the holiday. My step brother, Sean, gave his life fighting for everyone’s freedom, so I will always be beyond thankful for his selfless service as well as every other solider… past, present, and future. If you know someone who served, I hope you gave them a big hug yesterday, because it’s much deserved!
Now, on a lighter note haha I’ve been busy gathering up some products to review, getting my May favorites in order, and figuring out some fun summer looks to do for ya’ll, so today I just wanted to do something a little bit different! As many of you know, I just recently reached 100 followers (yayyyy!) and I’ve been nominated for two awesome awards so far, so I wanted to celebrate by doing a little “about me” type dealio so ya’ll could get to know me a little bit better! I strive to have a connection with people and I absolutely love learning about others, so I figured I want you guys to learn what I’m all about too (: Today, I decided to do 50 Facts About Me, enjoy!
50 Random Facts About Me!
1. I was born and raised in Dallas, Texas so I’m a city slicker through and through! Anywhere with big buildings and lots of noise and people is where I’m most comfortable.
2. Music is my life. I’m like a walking iPod. I know every word to every song that’s been created since, like, 1998. haha My friends are constantly asking me the lyrics to songs, who sings what, what album the songs are on, who produces it… and I know everything. It’s crazy.
3. Along with knowing everything about music, I also know a pathetic amount about pop culture. I know everything about every celebrity that’s ever walked this Earth. You’d think all I do is sit around and read tabloids, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. It’s just like I was born with this information, I have no idea where I get it from! It’s like a super power. A pointless super power, but a super power nonetheless!
4. There are three main food groups to me: pizza, bread, and s’mores. Everything else is irrelevant. I should weight 8,000 pounds and only be able to bathe in a kiddie pool. Who knows how I’m not ginormous.
5. I’m a horror movie fanatic. No one movie genre keeps my interest other than scary movies. If you know of a good one you think I should watch, let me know! I’m always on the lookout for new ones!
6. I can’t cook to save my life. I once blew up a microwave, caught cereal on fire, and cooked a hot pocket for 14 minutes. I’m a danger in the kitchen.
7. Babies are quite possibly one of my least favorite things in the world. All they do is scream and I think they smell like noodles. Apparently, I’m lacking the Mommy Genes that every other woman seems to have.
8. I love bad weather. I’m happier when it’s cloudy outsides as opposed to sunny. Weird, right?
9. I haaaate superhero movies. Batman, Spiderman, Cat Woman, The Hulk, Fantastic Four, Superman… I hate them with a burning passion.
10. I have a shameless girl crush on Jennifer Lawrence, Lupita Nyong’o, Ellen DeGeneres, Lorde, and Melissa McCarthy.
11. I know every word to every Backstreet Boys and Nsync song that’s ever been created.
12. I suffer horribly from sedatephobia, which is the fear of silence. Being in a quiet environment gives me terrible anxiety and can send me into a panic attack.
13. I’m allergic to men in sandals. No. Just no.
14. Hunting makes me sad. I don’t see the purpose or the fun in shooting an innocent animal.
15. I love me some homemade chocolate chip cookies!
16. I am physically incapable of walking in heels. I look like a newborn horse when I try. Not cute.
17. My ears aren’t pierced because I have the worst fear of needles. I’m the crazy person who cries, screams, throws up, and passes out when I have to get a shot. Because apparently I’m 5 years old.
18. I’m the biggest adrenaline junkie! Bungee jumping, sky diving, rock climbing, scruba diving, roller coasters, swimming with sharks… you name it, I wanna do it!
19. Monkeys terrify me. They’re like little human aliens. Plus, one threw poop at me once. That might have something to do with it!
20. Gay rights are something of utmost importance to me. One of my bestfriends since 2nd grade just recently came out and it sickens me to know we live in a world where she can’t walk down the street holding her girlfriend’s hand because she gets harassed.
21. Walking Dead is quite possibly the best show ever created. I discovered the first season on Netflix and have been an avid fan ever since! Everyone who knows me know that Sunday nights are off limits, that’s Walking Dead night!
22. I’m oddly attached to my goldfish, Thomas. He’s been alive and swimmin’ for two years now!
23. The Hemsworth Brothers are God’s most beautiful creation.
24. I don’t understand math. I just don’t. I’ve been tutored by math teachers, students, friends, family, etc and I still don’t get it. I took a math placement test to get into college and I scored into elementary school math. Embarrassing, right? haha It just doesn’t click with me, no matter what I do.
25. I love people who aren’t perfect. I love people who have scars and have stories to tell. Those are my kinda people.
26. I want many, many tattoos! Nothing big and crazy, just simple ones that have a lot of meaning to me. I have an appointment for my first tattoo this summer and I couldn’t be more excited.
27. If I could change my hair color everyday, I so would! Dark auburn hair is my favorite and I envy you if that’s your current hair color!
28. Christmas is my favorite time of the year.
29. When I’m stressing out, deep breathing almost instantly relaxes me.
30. I’m addicted to back massages! My boyfriend spoils me and gives me one almost every day. (:
31. I believe in God and my faith is important to me. It’s gotten me through some pretty tough times.
32. I almost bought a chinchilla once. I went home to get my wallet, but when I came back, someone had already bought it. And I live less than 5 minutes away from PetSmart. Talk about heartbreaking!
33. Reading magazines is one of my favorite past times and Cosmo is my absolute favorite!
34. Dogs and sharks are my favorite animals, though there’s not an animal I don’t love.
35. I hate candy. Smarties are pretty much the only candy I enjoy.
36. Animal rights are my passion. I speak out against Breed Specific Laws (which work to ban certain breeds from towns or other environments), and I’m an advocate for Pit Bulls, my favorite dog. I have two pits and there’s not a doubt in my mind that if you met them, you’d fall instantly in love.
37. My bucket list consists of some crazy things, but one thing that I wanna do the most is swim with sharks. I would love to swim with Great Whites (in a cage, of course. I’m not crazy. haha), but swimming with Lemon, Reef, or Whale sharks without a cage is my dream! To be next to something so massive and beautiful is just mind blowing to me. They’re such amazing creatures.
38. Long car rides are one of my favorite things in the world. Sometimes I enjoy them more than the actual trip.
39. Some people annoy me so much when I’m around them that I actually start to get a headache… is that mean? haha
40. I have reeeally picky sleeping habits! I sleep with about 7 pillows, the room needs to be freezing cold, and the mattress can’t be too hard or too soft… basically, I’m really annoying to sleep next to. haha
41. My absolute biggest pet peeve is rude people. I just wanna punch rude people in the face. Can’t stand them.
42. You’ll never meet anyone more impatient than I am.
43. I think Miley Cyrus is one of the worst human beings in the world and I hate her.
44. I’m petrified of the dark and 100% convinced that if I leave my leg outside of the covers at night, something will eat my leg off. Maybe I should stop watch so many scary movies?
45. People who drive giant trucks and rev them up every two seconds piss me off. Who are you trying to impress?
46. I’m an early riser. I love getting up early to go for a run, sit on the patio and eat breakfast… anything. I just love having that time to myself, it starts my day off right!
47. I love me some scary movies, but Pixar movies are some of the greatest movies ever, especially the Toy Story and Monsters Inc movies!
48. I have so many dream jobs that will never come true because, unfortunately, I can’t have 45 jobs at once. So depressing. haha
49. My favorite colors are sky blue, mint green, and anything neon.
50. Animal rescue is what I live for! If you take anything away from this post today, please just let it be a new found appreciation for animals. I spend my days giving a voice to the voiceless. I’m not saying you need to immerse yourself in volunteering, but just find out what you can do to help out your local shelters. Your life will be forever changed, I promise. (: There’s no better dog than a rescue dog.
I hope ya’ll enjoy this 50 About Me post and I hope you learned some fun things you didn’t know about me before! Never be afraid to tell me a little bit about yourself because I wanna get to know you too! Thanks so much for hanging out with me for a little bit today, I’ll talk to ya later!
XOXO, Megan ❤