Good Morning, Everyone! Exciting news: I was nominated for the Liebester Award by the gorgeous msbeautyguru (http://msbeautyguru.com/)! For those who aren’t familiar, the Liebster Award is given to new, up and coming bloggers with small followings. This is a really awesome way to get their names out there, give them recognition, get to know each other better, and the best part is that you get to pay if forward by nominating 10 other people! So, just a quick shout out and thank you to msbeautyguru for thinking of including me among 9 other awesome ladies for nomination! Here are the rules:
1) Acknowledge the blogger(s) who nominated you.
2) Answer 11 question your nominator asks.
3) Nominate 10 bloggers (with less than 200 followers) that you feel deserve recognition!
4) Inform the above bloggers that you nominated them.
5) Post 11 questions for them to answer.
I’m so, so, sooo excited to pass on this nomination to 10 other people who fully deserve it! Here’s my 10 wonderful nominees:
As you can see, I have no idea how to tag people in blog posts (or if that’s even possible?), so I just copied and pasted their blog URLs. If that doesn’t work to where you can click on them, just copy and paste it into your search bar and it should take you right to their pages (: Sorry for being so technology challenged! It’ll be the death of me, I swear. Anyway, all ten of you guys are so amazing and I love spending time reading your blog! I know most of you don’t really have a “small” following, but rules are made to broken, right? I nominated all of you because I think your blogs are awesome and they deserve some recognition!
msbeautyguru asked me 11 really fun questions, so let’s get to those!
1) How old were you when you first started playing around/wearing makeup?
When I was really, really little, I used to play around and do my family’s makeup for them. Bless them for letting my little 3 year old hands around makeup and their faces. They’re really the ones we should be thanking haha
2) Do you have children, if so what are their ages/names (Pets count if you don’t have kids! lol…)
I’m proud Momma Bear to five incredible rescue dogs. Two pit bulls, Lil’ Bit and Mikey, a beagle, Lucy, a shih tzu, Lacie, and a german shepard, Doodle Bug! While we’re on this topic, make sure you donate, adopt, foster, or volunteer at your local shelter! Rescue animals are the best pets to have (:
3) If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
100%, hands down, completely, and totally in a city somewhere! Anywhere with big buildings, lots of noise, and tons of people is where I feel most at home. I was born and raised in Dallas, Texas so I think that has something to do with it! You can take a girl out of the city, but you can’t take the city out of a girl.
4) When traveling do you prefer train/plane/automobile?
Automobile! I actually really love long car rides. Train’s aren’t bad either, though I’ve only been on one in my whole life. I’m absolutely terrified of water, so boats are a big no-go and planes aren’t much better for me either! I prefer to be on land, thank you very much!
5) What is your favorite feature on/about yourself?
My sense of humor. I can be serious when I need to be, but 99.9% of the time, I have a giant, goofy smile on my face. In high school, I was voted class clown, if that tells you anything! One of my favorite things in life is making people laugh.
6) What are three makeup products you would recommend to a makeup newbie?
If you’re a newbie, I defiantly recommend sticking with drugstore brands at first! It’s gonna get waaaay too expensive if you just jump right into high-end when you’re still figuring things out. I recommend L’Oreal True Match foundation because it’s super easy to find your shade, I’m a fan of any Covergirl mascara (except their Bombshell mascara, that’s awful), and one of my favorite lipstick lines of all time are the Maybelline Color Whispers!
7) Favorite color?
Sky blue, mint green, or anything neon!
8) Would you rather spend a day at the beach or at the mountain?
In a city! haha If i had to pick, I would say a beach, probably. I’m not really a fan of either though.
9) Bright/bold lips or nude?
Depends on the occasion, but I usually rock nude or light pink lips for my day to day because I don’t typically have time for touch-ups. If you see me at a party though, you better believe I’m rockin’ that bright red!
10) Do you believe in Angels?
I do! I’m not one of those ‘go to church twelve times a week’ kinda people, but my religion is important to me and it’s gotten me through quite a few rough times. Plus, it’s really comforting to know that when loved ones pass away, they’re somewhere better and looking down on you.
11) What is your dream job?
I would love to have a job like those beauty gurus on YouTube, blogging full-time, or something with animals. No matter what though, I will always be involved with rescue shelters! Once Cody and I move into our house, we plan on fostering fur babies (:
Okay, now that my questions are answered, here are my 11 questions for the ladies I nominated:
1) Why did you start your blog?
2) What is your favorite food?
3) What’s your favorite saying/quote?
4) Who/what is your biggest inspiration?
5) If you could meet anyone, past or present, who would it be?
6) What is your favorite quality about other people?
7) If you had a magic lamp with only one wish, what would that wish be?
8) Who is your celebrity crush?
9) If you could spend one year anywhere in the world, where would it be? Why?
10) If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?
11) What are three random facts about yourself?
Alright, everyone, that’s it for my Liebester Award Nomination! Again, I wanna give a biiiig thank you to msbeautyguru for nominating me and congratulations to all the beautiful ladies I nominated myself! Can’t wait to read what you all have to say!
XOXO, Megan (: